Frame Technologies offer a variety of timber frame solutions to cover full supply and erect or supply only packages, all including engineered timber products and roof systems. Timber frames deliver quality and value enriched with onsite safety, impressive speed of construction, sustainability benefits and enhanced performance. All Frame Technologies timber is sourced from well-managed forests.
To provide optimal timber frame solutions, Frame Technologies has developed a breathable closed panel system to improve thermal bridging and minimise air leakage. The closed panel TechVantage™ systems are available as a Standard Series, based on a single panel system with U-Values ranging from 0.8 to 0.23 W/m2K and a Premium Series, a development of our Twin Wall Frame System with U-Values ranging from 0.11 to 0.14 W/m2K using a standard 270mm deep panel.
These solutions provide excellent thermal and airtightness properties, ideal for modern, energy-efficient homes. Timber frame homes enable huge energy bill savings for home-owners, expanding funds for bigger homes and better lifestyles. Each timber solution has also been designed to meet Building Regulations and the exacting requirements of architects and self-builders.
Timber frame is the fastest growing construction method and is quickly becoming the most popular route to environmentally-conscious building structures. High-performance timber structures meet Building Regulations that demand for sustainable materials, committing to environmental best practices and corporate social responsibility. Our fabric first approach creates thermally efficient building envelopes without relying on expensive energy-saving bolt-ons.
Timber frame structures are:
- 30% faster to construct than traditional building methods that use brick and block, concrete, steel and aluminium, allowing us to get your structure weather-tight as quickly as possible
- precision-engineered and quality assured, making timber frame construction a widespread building method across the developed world, particularly in Sweden, Canada, USA and Japan
- erected quickly – an average four-bedroom house can be erected and made watertight within seven days
- not weather-dependent, making project planning predictable, which in turn maximises efficiency and reduces onsite risks
- quick to construct as internal works can run parallel to external finishes
- energy efficient, with excellent thermal performance benefits that can reduce heating costs by 40%
- environmentally friendly, recyclable, biodegradable and waste efficient
- lightweight, requiring cost-effective, simple foundations
- fabricated in factory-controlled environments, reducing costs related to construction, projects and long-term usage, as well as reducing delays and onsite activity