NSBRC Online Surgery: Changing buildings from Agricultural to Residential Use with Class Q Permitted Development.

Loading Events

What is a Class Q permitted development?

‘Class Q’ was introduced into the The Town and Country Planning Act in 2014 as a form of permitted development, designed to help ease the pressure on housing in rural areas. This type of planning permission allows the change of buildings that meet certain criteria from agricultural to residential use.

The exact wording reads: ‘a change of use of a building and any land within its curtilage from a use as an agricultural building to a use falling within Class C3 (dwelling houses)’.


7:00 – 7:05 – Harvey, Welcome & Introductions

7:05 – 7:25 – Ruth Reed – Green Planning Studio

7:25 – 7.45 – Tom McSherry – BuildStore

7:45 – 8:05 – Simon Orrells – Frame Technologies

8:05 – 8:25 – David Hilton – Heat & Energy

8:25 – 8:30 – Harvey, What’s coming up at the NSBRC

8:30 – 9:00 – Q&A

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Go to Top